Ealing Independent College has been awarded the ‘Highly Trusted Sponsor’ status by the Home Office and is accredited by Ofsted. This means that our past track record in our dealing with overseas students is excellent. Consequently we set high standards and our application and vetting processes are rigorous.
The College has been recruiting students from overseas for several years. However, it is a College policy that the number of overseas students should not exceed 20% of the total number of students. This is to ensure that as much as possible, all overseas students speak English at all times and integrate as fully as possible into college life.
Many colleges of this type recruit large numbers of overseas students, and consequently students of a particular nationality tend to mix together, talk in their own language and do not fully integrate into the life of the College. At Ealing, we believe that it is important that all overseas students fully integrate into the life of the College.
Ealing College has students on roll from: China; Vietnam; Singapore; Pakistan; India; Bangladesh; Yemen; Oman; Iran; Kenya; Nigeria; Algeria; Switzerland; Greece; Norway; Brazil.
For non-Visa enrolments:
In some cases a Student Visa is not required to study in the UK in which case just £400 should be deposited into the College’s bank account* to cover the enrolment fee (£200) and book deposit (£200). EU Nationals and of course those students who carry a UK Passport do not require a Student Visa. On receipt of £400, the terms and conditions laid down in the Application Form become valid and the College will issue a Letter of Enrolment to confirm the place.
For Visa enrolments:
Some of our international students are recruited by our agents who work for the College throughout the world; others apply directly through the College Website. In either case, qualifications achieved so far by any prospective student would be looked at alongside their chosen course, together with the level of English reached.
Prior to registration, all students will have an interview with the Principal, Director of Studies or Head of 6th Form. This can take place in person, on telephone or via Skype.
A Tier 4 visa will be required if the applicant does not hold a UK passport or one issued by another country in the EEA or Switzerland. A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) will only be issued when, following a successful interview, satisfactory evidence has been received.
All international Students must be able to provide adequate documentation to prove their identification, and that they are able to study on the course for which they are applying, that the course represents ‘academic progression’ and that they have adequate funding.
The documentation/evidence used for registration is as follows:
- Completed registration form and signed fees contract, with 100% of the full tuition fee paid upfront – inclusive of £600 (made up of: Book Fee (£200), Enrolment Fee (£200) and CAS fee (£200))
- An additional £1000 deposit is required where accommodation is required by the student
- Copy of the Students Passport / Biometric ID card
- Copies/Transcripts of previous school reports and exams taken
Students MUST prove their level of competence in English before being accepted onto a course of study:
- For General Student Visas, we prefer students to have attained a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 in all areas;
- For Child Student Visas, we prefer students to have attained a minimum IELTS score of 4.0 in all areas (or be judged to have equalled this in interview).
- A 16 or 17 year old applying for a General Visa must have documentation from their parents granting them permission to both travel to the UK and to and live independently.
- Copies of bank statements to be used by the student once in the country. Students need to show they have £1000 for each month of their course up to a maximum of nine months in inner London, or £800 per month for other regions of the UK. Ealing Independent College is not in inner London. The money MUST be in this account for 28 consecutive days. If the currency of the account is a foreign currency, the statement must include a currency conversion, showing the amount in £ pounds sterling
Further information about entry to the UK under the Tier 4 student procedure can be found at the website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
In the event of a Visa being refused the tuition fees and the book fee will be refunded – the CAS fee and enrolment fee are non-refundable. Students who fail to obtain a Visa will be required to submit relevant documentation to the College to explain why the Visa has been refused before any refund can be made.
At the beginning of term our EAL Department (English as an Additional Language) will interview and assess international students to assess whether any additional English lessons are required. Costs for this will of course depend on the nature of the classes and tuition that are arranged.
The Co-operative Bank, PO Box 250, Skelmersdale, WN8 6WT. Sort code 08-92-99
Ealing College Limited, A/C no. 70535657
SWIFT code: CPBKGB22
IBAN: GB40 CPBK 0892 9970 5356 57